Microsoft Active Directory
AC2000 Microsoft Active Directory integration provides tighter system security and support for corporate IT user management and authentication. Based on the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), the AC2000 Microsoft Active Directory integration provides AC2000 cardholder record synchronisation and Microsoft Windows Single Sign-On (SSO).
Directory Synchronisation is built into the architecture of AC2000, meaning administrators can automatically import vital personnel information into the AC2000 Personnel application to ensure that the information in both systems is precisely matched and clearances are in place. Using an intuitive web based interface (AC2000 WEB) for configuration, the Directory Synchronisation processes new records, updates and deletions automatically using pre-configured parameters.
Single Sign-On (SSO) is a mechanism whereby a single action of user authentication and authorization can permit a user to access all computers and systems that they have access permissions for, without the need to enter multiple passwords. Access to the AC2000 system can be granted to users after using their Windows login credentials.
- Central authentication with overall IT credential management system
- Applies to both AC2000 workstation software and AC2000 WEB applications
- Automatic synchronisation of cardholder records including additions, updates, and deletions
- Web based interface
- Reduces time spent re-entering passwords for the same identity
- Improves efficiency by reducing the number of user credentials within the IT infrastructure
- Improves an administrator’s ability to manage users and user configurations to all associated systems.
- Reduces administrative overhead in resetting forgotten passwords over multiple platforms and applications
- Provides users with the convenience of having to remember only a single set of credentials.
- Improves security as users find it easier to remember their credentials allowing for a more efficient user logon process
In this section
- Access Control Systems
- Card Readers
- Controllers & Modules
- Integrated Solutions