DCM 400 Four-Door Intelligent Encrypted IP Controller
The CEM Systems DCM 400 (Door Control Module) is an intelligent four-door controller designed to directly interface CEM Systems AC2000 access control system (version 10.2 and higher) with Wiegand or CEM Systems approved and supplied Open Supervised Device Protocol (OSDP v2) smart card readers.
The DCM 400 supports eight Wiegand or OSDP compliant readers (Entry/Exit configuration) for bi-directional control on four doors.
Using powerful 32-bit processors, the DCM 400 gives full off-line verification and decision making at the point of entry, even when host communication is not available.
Three onboard network ports provide reliable network communications. Host communications are secured with TLS and AES encryption. Digital certificates secure hardware based key storage with FIPS SP800-56A Elliptic Curve Diffie-Hellman and NIST standard P256 elliptic curve.
OSDP v2 support
OSDP is an Open Supervised Device Protocol for peripheral devices. With added secure AES 128 encryption, it provides bi-directional communications and advanced security features for connecting OSDP compliant card readers to DCM 400 control panels, eliminating the threat of Wiegand signal cloning.
Off-line card verification
The card database is initially downloaded to the DCM 400 internal memory from the AC2000 host server, with subsequent changes to card data automatically sent as updates. This ensures that the DCM 400 has up-to-date card information when operating in off-line mode. While operating in off-line mode, the controller can hold 500,000 cards and store 80,000 offline events (transactions and alarms).
Intelligent features for installation and maintenance
The DCM 400 is designed for ease of installation. The installer simply enters the unit’s unique ID and device configuration on the server, sets the networking configuration on the panel, and connects to the network. The controller then self-configures and can receive a database of up to 500,000 cardholders.
The backlit LCD, twelve character keypad, intuitive overlay, LED status indicators, and web pages on the DCM 400 help to reduce time of installing and troubleshooting. Installers can quickly see the status of doors connected to the DCM 400 via the LEDs on the enclosure and the backlit LCD 2x16 character display on the DCM 400 board. External LED indicators provide visual confirmation of power and connectivity without the need of opening the enclosure, while the backlit LCD display on the DCM 400 board provides easy to read status and troubleshooting information.
The on-board keypad allows configuration and troubleshooting to be handled directly on the board for ease of installation and maintenance. Spare network points allow for local access to diagnostic web pages and connection to downstream controllers. The installer led design of the DCM 400 enclosure also includes a removable enclosure door for ease of access and an increased number of punchouts in the enclosure for improved cable management.
The DCM 400 dashboard can assist with local and remote troubleshooting, monitoring and configuration of the DCM 400, and equipment connected to it. The dashboard provides users with visual indicators and details on power supply status, door status, input states, output status, network status, and database status. The dashboard also allows users connected to the DCM network he ability to remotely configure network settings and current limits for outputs (read heads, locks and auxiliary outputs).
Smart power management
Power options* available for the DCM 400 include mains PSU option and board only option. The DCM 400 automatically detects supply from 10VDC to 28VDC, simplifying installation without the need for jumper-links or configuration. The power status for the DCM 400 supply and batteries can be monitored via the Power Status web page of the DCM 400 Dashboard, providing clear visual indicators for troubleshooting and monitoring of supply voltage, battery voltage, battery charge level and battery status.
*Power Over Ethernet (POE+) PSU option is currently in development.
- Intelligent true four-door controller.
- Directly interface CEM Systems AC2000 and smart card readers (Wiegand or CEM Systems approved and supplied OSDP v2 smart card readers).
- Supports eight Wiegand or OSDP compliant readers (Entry/Exit configuration) for bi-directional control on four doors.
- Full off-line verification and decision making at the point of entry, even when host communication is not available.
- While operating in off-line mode, the controller can hold 500,000 cards and store 80,000 offline events (transactions and alarms).
- Encrypted host communications directly with the central AC2000 access control system with TLS and AES encryption.
- Overlay wiring guide help improve the user-experience when installing and maintaining.
- Onboard LEDs and LCD display provides visual status information.
- Twelve character capacitive light-touch keypad simplifies configuration.
- Three on-board network ports provide local network expansion.
- Smart power management automatically detects supply from 10.5 VDC to 28 VDC.
- Onboard battery charging and switchover.
- Active optical tamper with option for external tamper.
- Fire relay interface.
In this section
- Access Control Systems
- Card Readers
- Controllers & Modules
- DCM 400 Four-Door Intelligent Encrypted IP Controller
- eDCM 380 Encrypted Two-Door PoE Controller Supporting sPass Readers
- DCM 350 Encrypted Two-Door Controller For sPass Readers
- eDCM 350 OSDP IP Encrypted Door Controller
- eDCM 330 Power Over Ethernet Two-Door Controller
- DCM 300 two door controller
- AC2000 (RTC) Ethernet Controller
- AC2000 Super RTC (sRTC)
- Ethernet Communications Module (ECM)
- Input/Output Modules
- Lift Control
- Door Interface Units
- Illustra Insight Frictionless Access
- Integrated Solutions